Written by: Emily Ryan
Emily is a lifestyle and food blogger, wine enthusiast, and contributing writer for Flavors Magazine's Your Table is Ready.
Her blog is: www.littlehouseofchic.com
Cauliflower Asiago Bisque Recipe
4 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoons chopped garlic
1/4 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup chopped white onion
4 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup shredded asiago cheese
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 teaspoons fresh thyme
1 teaspoon italian herb blend
1 teaspoon garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
4 pieces of bacon
2. Roast the cauliflower in a preheated oven at 425F degrees until it is golden and softened, about 30 minutes.
3. Using a stock pot, bring your stovetop to medium heat and place the butter, onions and wine in the pot. Allow the onions to tenderize, about 5 minutes.
4. Add the thyme and garlic, mixing until fragrant.
5. Add your broth, cauliflower, lemon juice, and remaining herbs and spices and bring to a rolling boil.
6. Once the cauliflower is tender, remove the mixture from the stove and blend the soup with an immersion blender.
7. Begin cooking your bacon on the stovetop in a separate pan over medium heat, flipping occasionally until cooked. Transfer to paper towels.
8. Place your soup back on the burner over low/medium heat and add the asiago cheese to the mixture. Blend until melted.
9. Serve soup in a bowl and garnish with crunchy bacon pieces and remaining asiago cheese.