October 1 through October 7: Three-course menu for $30 per person:
· First course: Honey-fried quail breast, pickled veggies, creamy ginger dipping sauce
· Second course: Roasted wild striped bass, local chanterelle mushroom ragout, wilted arugula, charred tomato vinaigrette
· Third course: Poached pear and white chocolate bread pudding, port wine reduction, candied walnuts
October 8 through October 14: Sip fine wines for a fraction of the normal price when Ray’s on the River offers 30 bottles of esteemed wines for $30 such as Acrobat pinot noir (normally $50); Rodney Strong Knotty Vine zinfandel (normally $48); Gallo Russian River pinot noir (normally $70); and Napa Cellars chardonnay (normally $48).
October 15 through October 21: $19.84 entrée pricing for specialties such as horseradish-crusted black grouper, ginger soy tuna, shrimp and grits and Atlantic salmon Oscar.
October 22 through October 28: One of Ray’s specialty items will be selected each day and 30 percent of proceeds from that item will be donated to Fragile Kids Foundation. Days and items include:
· Wednesday, October 22nd: Crispy Point Judith Calamari
· Thursday, October 23rd: Parmesan-crusted sea scallops
· Friday, October 24th: Horseradish-crusted black grouper
· Saturday, October 25th: Jumbo Lump crabcake (entrée)
· Sunday, October 26th: Ray’s “New Orleans” BBQ Shrimp
· Monday, October 27th: Atlantic Salmon Oscar
· Tuesday, October 28th: Jumbo Lump crabcake (appetizer)
The ultimate celebration of Ray’s on the River’s 30th anniversary takes place Thursday, Oct. 9, from 5 to 9 p.m. Yacht Rock Revue is booked to entertain guests while complimentary hors d’oeuvres are served. Each customer receives one complimentary drink ticket and can continue to enjoy drink specials at the cash bar. Guests also get a complimentary captain’s hat to rock at the concert. Tickets are $40 per person and must be purchased in advance at xorbia.com. Ray’s on the River strongly encourages guests to come via taxi for maximum safety. However, shuttle service will be available from Ray’s on the River’s auxiliary parking lot at 6445 Powers Ferry Road once the main parking lot fills up.
Ray’s on the River is located at 6700 Powers Ferry Road, Sandy Springs. For more information, call 770-955-1187 or visit raysrestaurants.com.